Terms and Conditions
1. Entries for the 2021 Australian Community Creative Challenge (the “Competition”) close on October 15, 2021. All entries are to be digitally submitted no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time in accordance with submission guidelines outlined below.
2. Entrants are required to submit an electronic link to a short film that embodies the following three elements: Australia, Community, and feature an American city.
3. Entrants must submit their entries in accordance with the following guidelines:
3.1 For security reasons, the short film cannot be hosted on private servers.
3.2 The short film can be created at any level of technical production, from a camera phone to an 8K professional camera.
3.3 Entrants acknowledge and agree that they are the lawful owners of any and all copyright vesting in the short film as submitted.
3.4 Entrants must submit the link to their short film to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. By entering this Competition, each entrant agrees to use his/her name and/or short film in any advertisements or publicity carried out or produced by The Australian Community and its advertising or promotional agencies or affiliates without further notice or compensation.
5. The Australian Community can publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use any submitted short film at The Australian Community’s sole discretion. In turn, entrants retain the right to use and publish their short films.
6. Entries are open to Australians residing in the United States. Each entrant may submit one entry only.
7. All entrants must register for this contest by entering their name and email via the form located on The Australian Community’s website found at https://aucommunity.org/2021-creative-challenge-short-film/ and by doing so, so agree to these Terms and Conditions.
8. The Competition will be judged by popular vote by members of The Australian Community. Members will only be allowed one vote.
9. The winner will receive US$1,000 in cash. In addition, the first and second runners-up will receive recognition along with a non-cash award. The winner and runners-up will be announced and presented with their awards at The Australian Community’s 10th Anniversary Joey Arts Awards in NYC on November 18, 2021.
10. All entrants agree to grant The Australian Community an exclusive worldwide license to any and all intellectual property vesting in their short film so submitted by the entrants for non-commercial purposes.
11. By entering this Competition, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Australian Community and the Competitions Sponsor and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, affiliates, or representatives from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this contest or any loss, damage, theft or destruction of any work submitted to The Australian Community as part of this Competition.
12. The Australian Community reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Competition should any external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of The Australian Community. The Australian Community is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Competition. The Competition will run in accordance with these Competition Rules, subject to amendment by The Australian Community.
13. Entrants must comply with these rules and will be deemed to have received, reviewed, and understood the rules if they participate in the Competition.
14. The terms of conditions of these Terms and Conditions cannot be taken to have been amended, modified, or altered in any way other than in writing formally issued by The Australian Community.
About The Australian Community
Based in New York City and now in our tenth year, our 501(c)(3) organization was formed specifically to connect professional Australians in America. Over the past decade, The Australian Community has assisted tens of thousands of Australians in New York and across America.
In addition to our public social media, our members connect through a private Enterprise Social Network. Our network facilitates 1:1 connections. Most importantly, it contains the largest private Australian knowledge base in North America.
Therefore, whether you are an Australian in New York or another U.S. city, our non-profit services can connect you with other professional Australians to help you achieve your business goals.
If you are an Australian living in or moving to America, you can join The Australian Community.
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
Our organization relies on the generosity of its members and supporters to continue our good work, assisting Australians living in the United States.
All contributions are fully tax-deductible under Section 170 of the IRS Code. In addition, the Australian Community is qualified to receive tax-deductible bequests, devises, transfers, or gifts under sections 2055, 2106, or 2522 of the Code.