Access US Credit using your Australian Credit History
The Australian Community has partnered with Nova Credit, a cross-border credit bureau, to offer you the opportunity to apply for premium credit cards in the U.S.
Nova Credit allows you to use your Australian credit history to access a US Credit Card as soon as you arrive in the U.S. — therefore, rather than needing to start off with a card with limited rewards while you build a U.S. credit history.
You can view supported credit card options on Nova Credit’s website to access US credit cards. The service is free.
How to Access a US Credit Card:
1. Click the Apply Now button to go to Nova Credit’s website and enter your email.
Nova Credit will reward you with a $50 Amazon gift card at that email if you’re able to successfully use your Australian Credit history in support of a partner credit card application.
2. On the next page, you can explore your credit card options on Nova Credit’s “Credit Cards for Newcomers” page and choose the card with the right rewards for you.
3. Once you click Apply Now, you will be taken to the partner’s credit card application. Follow the prompts in that credit card application to use your international credit history using Nova Credit. Once you successfully find and verify your report, Nova Credit will pull your international credit history and send it to the credit card company in support of your application.
4. You may be asked to provide proof of identity and your US home address (typically through a US bank account or other official documentation such as a driving license or a utility or phone bill) as part of the card issuer’s compliance requirements.
5. If you are approved, begin to responsibly manage your new credit card and you will begin to build a US credit history.
If you have any questions along the way, please contact email@example.com!
About The Australian Community
Based in New York City and now in our tenth year, our 501(c)(3) organization was formed specifically to connect professional Australians in America. Over the past decade, The Australian Community has assisted tens of thousands of Australians in New York and across America.
In addition to our public social media, our members connect through a private Enterprise Social Network. Our network facilitates 1:1 connections. Most importantly, it contains the largest private Australian knowledge base in North America.
Therefore, whether you are an Australian in New York or another U.S. city, our non-profit services can connect you with other professional Australians to help you achieve your business goals.
If you are an Australian living in or moving to America, you can join The Australian Community.
News & Knowledge
This article will help HR Departments understand the benefits of hiring an Australian National on an E3 Visa and how it is very different from an H1-B Visa. The E3 is for Australian professionals and is available all year. The…
For more than a decade The Australian Community has assisted Australians and Australian businesses in their transition to America. However, the real impact of our social, professional, and charitable achievements has gone mostly unnoticed. This is all about to change…
The Australian Community has partnered with Nova Credit, a cross-border credit bureau, to offer you the opportunity to apply for premium credit cards in the U.S. Nova Credit allows you to use your Australian credit history to access a US…
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
Our organization relies on the generosity of its members and supporters to continue our good work, assisting Australians living in the United States.
All contributions are fully tax-deductible under Section 170 of the IRS Code. In addition, the Australian Community is qualified to receive tax-deductible bequests, devises, transfers, or gifts under sections 2055, 2106, or 2522 of the Code.