As an Australian Ex-pat living in the U.S., filing your property tax returns, or even applying for a mortgage in Australia can be a daunting process. Having a reliable expert on hand can make all the difference.
Odin Mortgage and Tax has helped more than 5000 Ex-pats all over the world apply for mortgages, and lodge their property tax returns.
Today’s video with Ben Wong, a mortgage broker and Co-Founder, and Pau Lam the Ex-pat Tax Director at Odin Mortgage and Tax will be sharing their expert advice and valuable insights, especially for Aussie Ex-pats living in America.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:16 How do I obtain financing as an Expatriate?
- 07:15 What is the Process for purchasing Australian property?
- 11:27 What are the tax implications for Ex-pats buying property in Australia?
- 14:14 Are there any restrictions on foreign ownership of property in Australia?
- 15:46 How do exchange rates and currency fluctuations impact my property purchase?
- 21:51 What are the ongoing costs associated with owning property in Australia?
- 24:39 Can I rent out my property in Australia while living abroad?
- 26:13 What mortgage options and loan features are available to Ex-pats?
- 33:02 Are there any government incentives or grants available to Ex-pats purchasing property in Australia?
- 34:39 How can Ex-pats take advantage of Negative Gearing when investing in Australian property?
- 36:36 Wrap-Up of Odin Mortgage and Tax Interview
Contact Odin Mortgage and Tax
If you would like to visit the Odin Mortgage and Tax website, please use the link below:
About The Australian Community
Founded in 2011, we connect more Australians in America.
If you are a professional Australian taking your career to the next level, or the U.S. is the next step in your company’s global expansion, we can connect you to all of the resources you need for success in America.
Did you find this article helpful? Make a Donation!
The Australian Community is a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are fully tax-deductible under the IRS Code.
Join The Australian Community.
Learn more about the benefits of joining The Australian Community in America.