The first question asked by any Australian with their signature barely dry on their job offer is “Which U.S. consulate is best to get an E3 visa appointment?”
Since COVID shut down U.S. consulates in early 2020, it has been a struggle for Australians to get an E3 visa appointment. Often, when one U.S. consulate opens up appointments, a flood of applications flow in, and suddenly the wait is three to six months.
It’s a bit like your GPS telling you how to avoid an accident up ahead on the highway by taking a service road. Unfortunately, everyone with a GPS gets the same message and the service road is suddenly congested!
Fortunately, The Australian Community has access to the latest consular data that shows where in the world E3 visas are being processed and gives you an understanding of which U.S. consulate to book your next E3 visa appointment.
Knowing where E3 visas are being processed is at least an indication of where your best chances are of securing an appointment.
April’s E3 Visa consular approvals.
[table id=3 /]
As you scroll through the data, there are some standouts:
- Sydney which has consistently been the leading consulate for processing E3s remains closed.
- Perth continues to process new visas with 42 E3, 31 E3D, and 14 E3R visas.
- Singapore was outstanding with 80 E3, 45 E3D, and 1 E3R visas.
- London processed 61 E3, 52 E3D, and 43 E3R visas.
- Paris and Frankfurt received a special mention given the availability of appointments.
- Port Moresby processed one E3 which we are now monitoring closely given its proximity to Australia.
- Melbourne was again #1 with 97 E3, 80 E3D, and 127 E3 Renewal visas.
- Note that in March, Melbourne processed 168 E3, 88 E3D, and 202 E3R visas.
In all, 401 new E3 visas were approved in April. This is down from 471 in March, the highest peak since December 2019. Hopefully, we will see another bump when Sydney re-opens.
As they say in Financial Service, “past performance is not indicative of future returns”. You might want to check E3 visa appointment times online at Visa Appointment Wait Times (US Dept of State).
Further, you may want to consider working with an Immigration attorney who specializes in the E3 Visa. They have the most up-to-date data on visa approvals and may be able to secure an Emergency Appointment sooner rather than later.
About The Australian Community
Founded in 2011, we connect more Australians in America.
If you are a professional Australian taking your career to the next level, or the U.S. is the next step in your company’s global expansion, we can connect you to all of the resources you need for success in America.
Learn more and Join The Australian Community.